PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Board of Health will meet on Wednesday, November 13, at 12:30 p.m., in the first floor conference room at the Kane Regional Center, 955 Rivermont Drive, Glen Hazel, the new temporary location of the Allegheny County Health Department’s main office starting in December.
The agenda for the meeting will include the following items:
- Presentation about Grow Pittsburgh and the Edible Schoolyard.
- Report on climate change and public health.
- Obesity committee update.
- Approval of new grant funding for enhanced prenatal screening and early intervention services.
- Submission of grant application to National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) for Allegheny County Health Department accreditation.
- Request to seek public comment on PM 2.5 air quality plan for the Liberty/Clairton area.
Environmental Health Fund expenditure requests of $30,000 for three household hazardous waste collection events and $15,000 for three hard to recycle collection events to be held in 2014.
# # #